Cultural stations, a unique cultural model in this part of Europe, are one of the most significant legacies of the ‘Novi Sad 2022 – European Capital of Culture’ project. They are located on the outskirts of the city, rely on the idea of decentralisation of culture and are based on the participation of citizens and openness towards artists who work in the field of culture.
Despite the pandemic, more than 300 artistic and cultural events were held in eight cultural stations during 2020, while in the first three months in 2021, 50 events were successfully implemented online or live with the audience, adhering to the measures.
This spring, cultural stations announce numerous events.
Exhibitions, festivals, workshops and music in the Svilara Cultural Station
The Svilara Cultural Station is a new favourite place of the Novi Sad art scene. Visitors will have a chance to experience extraordinary programmes:
- Until 16 April – the ‘Bosilj Fiction of Atelje 61’ exhibition
- From 7 until 13 April – the exhibition of watercolour paintings by Ružica Žigmanov
- 10 April – the ‘3000ms’ performative installation by Milica Stojšić
- From 15 April until 10 May – the ‘Notre-Dame – Urban Landscape’ exhibition by Milivoje Ljubinković
- From 27 April until 4 May – the ‘Negative Light’ exhibition by Srđan Šarović
In May, the Svilara Cultural Station will present:
- Sino-Serbian Youth Photography Exhibition and Chinese Documentary Film Week
- ‘Eufonia’, the sixth international festival of the accordion and chamber music
- ‘Flute and Piano’, the recital of the concert duo Petar Popović and Aleksandar Đermanović
* The organiser reserves the right to change time slots and format of the programme in accordance with the pandemic situation and current measures. Information about programmes are available on the website of Cultural Stations.
Workshops and opera for children in the Egység Cultural Station
This spring, the Egység Cultural Station will present diverse programme for the Novi Sad children The ‘Puppets Through History’ workshops will be held each Monday. During the workshops, participants will have a chance to find out about the history of puppetry, production, techniques of making puppets, materials and trends now and then. Artistic-educational workshops continue every Wednesday from 6 p.m. The workshops will provide children the opportunity to learn about painting techniques and rules of fine art. Typography workshops will be held each Saturday from 12 p.m. The workshops will give participants a chance to learn basics of calligraphy, illustration and design. All workshops are free of charge, and the application via e-mail is necessary: email@example.com.
OPENS Cultural Station – a good example of contemporary architecture in Vojvodina
The OPENS Cultural Station was presented as a good example of contemporary architecture in Vojvodina on the visiting exhibition in Ljubljana, which is part of the traditional biennial exhibition of the Society of Architects entitled ‘Arhitektura Inventura 2018–2020’. The OPENS Cultural Station is one of the seven notable architectural examples from Vojvodina, implemented in the last two years, while the choice was made by Andrej Strehovec, Slovenian-Serbian architect, selector and a member of the Steering Committee of the Association of Architects Novi Sad (DaNS), at the invitation of the Society of Ljubljana Architects.
Cultural stations are new cultural hubs in Novi Sad – new places in which we create new programmes. Authentic and accessible, cultural stations bring cultural-artistic content everywhere, to everyone.
You can find all events scheduled for this spring in cultural stations across Novi Sad on the official website: kulturnestanice.rs.
Visit the website visitns.rs for authentic Novi Sad places, processes, programmes and people.
Photo: Jelena Ivanović