Due to the execution of the programmes within the opening of the European Capital of Culture, there will be a temporary change in the traffic regime in some parts of Novi Sad, for the purpose of safe and responsible installation of scenography and installations of the art programmes and the best possible organization of one of the most important cultural and artistic events in the country in 2022.
Installation of part of the scenography on Mihajla Pupina Boulevard
The closure of the right traffic lane in the Jovana Đorđevića Street (before the turn from the Mihajla Pupina Boulevard) up to Ilije Vučetića Street in the period from 2 p.m. on Friday 24 December 2021, to 8 a.m. on Sunday 16 January 2022. Subsequently, part of Mihajla Pupina Boulevard from the intersection of Žarka Zrenjanina and Modena Streets up to the intersection of Pionirska and Jovana Đorđevića Streets will be temporarily closed for traffic, as well as the parking lot next to the ‘Carigrad’ pastry shop from 6 a.m. on Sunday, 26 December, to 6 a.m. on Tuesday, 28 December 2021. These parts will be temporarily closed due to a montage of part of the scenography which will play a role in the Grand Opening of the European Capital of Culture – the play ‘Zeniteum :: 2022’, scheduled for 13 January 2022.
Road closure for traffic next to the Rainbow Bridge and in Suburbium
Due to the realization of the programme within Doček 2022, on 31 December, for which the play ‘Tesla, Inventartist’ is planned, near the Rainbow Bridge, and the following procession of citizens across the bridge up until the Suburbium of the Petrovaradin Fortress where the Tesla Light Gallery will be, the traffic regime will be temporarily changed in several phases:
- Road closure for traffic in the part of Mihajla Pupina Boulevard from the intersection of Sonja Marinković and Ive Lola Ribara Streets up to the part with both lanes in the Neznanog Junaka Square from 7 a.m. on Thursday, 30 December 2021, until 5 p.m. on Saturday 1 January 2022.
- Road closure for traffic on Varadin Bridge from 7 a.m. on Thursday, 30 December 2021, until 5 p.m. on Saturday 1 January 2022.
- Road closure for traffic in the Suburbium of the Petrovaradin Fortress in the following parts:
- From the entrance to the Beogradska Street to the turn towards Petrovaradin Fortress behind the Belgrade Gate
- Part of Prote Mihaldžića Street from the intersection with the Vladike Nikolaja Square
- The entrance to Štrosmajerova Street from the intersection with the Vladike Nikolaja Square
In the period from 8 a.m. on Wednesday, 29 December 2021, until 8 p.m. on Sunday, 2 January 2022.
- The closure of the parking lot on the Prote Mihaldžića Square from 8 a.m. on Wednesday, 29 December 2021, until 8 p.m. on Sunday, 2 January 2022.
The organizers ask their fellow citizens for understanding and patience, for the sake of the safest possible realization of the programme within Doček and the best possible enjoyment of the event that has become a city brand and as such celebrates the highest values of Novi Sad and represents it in Europe.
Doček in Novi Sad incorporates two measurements of time, two letters, two arts, two calendars, two New Years, 31 December, and 13 January, in which the title of the European Capital of Culture will officially commence. More information about the programme, schedule and locations can be found at the following link: https://docekns.rs/en/home/