Another public discussion about the future Creative Centre of Novi Sad
On the initiative of the ‘Novi Sad 2021 – European Capital of Culture’ Foundation, one more ‘Divan’ on the future development of the former ‘Petar Drapšin’ factory was held in ‘Fabrika’, venue of the Student Cultural Centre. ‘Divan’ was attended by tenants of the office spaces, citizens, expert public. The main topic was different models for financing development and revitalisation of the space.
The discussion was focused on five-point development plan for the Youth Creative Polis:
- Detailed Regulation Plan protects the architectural integrity of industrial heritage of the former ‘Petar Drapšin’ plant by defining its look and purpose, more precisely, by excluding the possibility to use it in commercial, residential or storage purposes;
- There was a consensus of all relevant cultural stakeholders, citizens and expert public to initiate the process of revitalisation and development of this space;
- The frame for this space was defined by cultural-creative industries, and it includes services that belong to cultural and creative industries, as well as other service crafts that don’t belong here, but that will contribute to cultural and artistic creative industry according to the definition from the Action Plan of the Cultural Development Strategy of the City;
- Precise criteria and obligations of the subjects in the Youth Creative Polis will be defined by the Panel for managing the space and project, which will comprise representatives from competent city administrations, work group for capital investments and infrastructure, representative of craftsmen who work in this quarter, representative of cultural-artistic production scene, as well as ‘Novi Sad 2021’ Foundation and OPENS;
- There was a proposal to form Research Team to aid the work of the Panel. The Team would comprise renowned experts from around the world, and it would have educational and advisory role based on continuous research and survey of the situation in situ.
Suggestions that were adopted and designated as five-point development of the Youth Creative Polis will be presented to the Cultural Forum of the city of Novi Sad, so that expert public could assess it. After this, based on recommendations and adopted conclusions, the Mayor will give his opinions and make the final decisions on the manner and dynamics of implementation of planned activities.
The main task of the ‘Novi Sad 2021 – European Capital of Culture’ Foundation is to reintegrate Novi Sad and Serbia in European cultural life through cultural dialogues, and we continuously work on achieving this goal. The Foundation will make all future decisions that relate to the general interests of citizens of Novi Sad by respecting principles of democracy and transparency.